In accordance with the applicable Act of 11 September 2015 on waste electrical and electronic equipment (Journal of Laws of 2015, item 1688, as amended) by
waste equipment - means equipment constituting waste within the meaning of art. 3 clause 1 point 6 of the Act of 14 December 2012 on waste, including all components, sub-assemblies and consumables forming part of the equipment at the time of disposal;
waste equipment from households - it means waste equipment from households and waste equipment from sources other than households, which due to the nature and quantity is similar to waste equipment from households; waste equipment from households is considered to be waste from equipment that is likely to be used by both households and non-household users.
The requirements of the Act apply only to devices whose correct operation depends on the supply of electric current or the presence of electromagnetic fields, as well as devices that can be used for the production, transmission or measurement of electric current or electromagnetic fields, which are designed for use at an electric voltage not exceeding 1000 V for alternating current and 1500 V for direct current;
These devices are assigned to the groups specified in Annex 1 to the Act:
1. Equipment operating on the basis of temperature exchange
2. Screens, monitors and equipment containing screens of more than 100 cm2
4. Large equipment with any external dimensions exceeding 50 cm, in particular: household appliances, IT and telecommunications equipment, consumer equipment, lighting fittings, sound or image reproduction equipment, music equipment, electrical and electronic tools, toys, equipment recreational and sporting goods, medical devices, instruments used for monitoring and control, dispensing machines, equipment for generating electric currents. This group does not include equipment included in groups of equipment Nos. 1-3.
5. Small equipment, whose external dimensions do not exceed 50 cm, in particular: household appliances, consumer equipment, lighting fittings, sound or image reproduction equipment, music equipment, electric and electronic tools, toys, leisure and sports equipment, medical devices, instruments used for monitoring and control, dispensing machines, equipment for generating electric currents. This group does not include equipment included in groups of equipment Nos. 1-3 and 6.
6. Small IT and telecommunications equipment with none of the external dimensions exceeding 50 cm.